I have more jackets and coats than I care to admit, so needless to say when the weather warms and I have to tuck them away for the season, I get a little sad.
But then I remembered the sneaky way I keep wearing some of my layers. First, it helps to have light jackets in your wardrobe. This white mesh like jacket was a hand me down from a friend. It came with matching shorts that were a little too tiny for my comfort, but the jacket has the perfect element of structure and shape that I love.
I have a few other lightweight jackets and kimonos that I've been mixing in since the weather has turned.
The other trick to wearing a jacket when it's not jacket weather is to keep your layers underneath nice and light. Tank tops are a perfect layer for warmer weather. I still feel so lucky that I have mild weather that allows this kind of dressing. I don't miss freezing winter temps or soggy spring days.
Another trick to continuing to wear jackets in the warmer months is to style them up with short skirts, culottes or even shorts! The blazer/jacket and shorts or skirt vibe is such 80s goodness.
And finally, ditch the boots or booties and throw on some sandals to complete the warmer weather jacket look.Links à la Mode, May 10th, 2018
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: 1st Time Vintage Dress Shopping Featuring Green Goddess Dressing
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Outfit – Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking
- I'm a Norbyah: How to Wear a Jacket When it's Not Jacket Weather
- L'ambassadrice: Interviewing a Pattern Maker: Catarina Marques
- Online Personal Stylist: Lime Crime: The Vegan Beauty Brand that Started the Unicorn Trend
- Sifa's Corner: 6 Things Curly-Haired Women Should Avoid
- Tales of Two Blog: Is Your Retail Therapy Hurting the Planet?
- The Borrowed Babes: The Best Moody Florals for Spring