If you've followed my blog for a little while (thank you!) you'll know that one thing I continue to struggle with is how to look casual while wearing vintage.
Vintage clothing, by nature, just feels a little more classy and dressed up like the era from which they come. Much of my vintage clothing is made up of dresses and skirts, so naturally I feel dressy when I wear them.
Even the hubby will tell you that I am always overdressed. We're just going to the grocery store, Norbyah, he'll say. I know, I know, but playing dress up is FUN. My girl Beth Jones encourages us to do just this as her motto over on @bjonesstyle.
So what have I been doing to embrace more casual looks and more importantly, what Style Minute tip do I have for you?
First, just wear pants. I think they generally tend to look more dressed down. I'm really digging these athletic inspired ones I got at a Redress Pop Up a few years ago.
Second, think about pyjamas or loungewear as appropriate to wear outside. I'm loving the vintage robe / kimono / dressing gown inspired dressing. This lace one from a favorite shop MAHPS Vintage in Brooklyn is lightweight and perfect for layering in our Hong Kong heat. Also, wear slippers. I'm seeing them all over, slides, mules, slippers. Whatever you want to call them. It's like stepping right out of bed and outside. Comfortable and dressed down.
I realize this look is all black which inadvertently dresses it up again, but oh well. You get my point.
- Adorned in Armor: How to Save Money on Clothes
- April Was Here: How to Find Personal Style
- Broadcloth: Overwhelmed? ME TOO. 5 Tips to Get Past the Stress
- Fashion Tales Blog: So Anthro: DIY Wall Art
- Gabriella Lundgren: Strawbags and the New Store Arket
- Girl in Betsey: Apple Picking at Taves Family Farm
- I'm a Norybah: Style Minute: Wear your Loungewear Out
- Luna Vida: Wearing White After Labor Day | Sleeveless Blouse + Ripped Hem Jeans + Leopard Flats
- My Cubicle Chic: 5 Life Lessons I Learned From 2 Years of Blogging
- Petite Dressing: The Best Places to Find Shoes for Small Feet
- Red Lips Blue Jeans: My Fave Cleansers | Skincare
- Smile Is It: Irina Vitjaz Spring/Summer 2018 Collection at NYFW in Photos
- Southern Sophisticated: Fall Boho Chic Bohemian Dress
- Tales of Two Blog: Revamp Your Outfit with Brooches
- What 2 Wear Where: BUY NOW: THE 5 FALL Shoes
SPONSOR: Shopbop MOTHER, Pam & Gela Tops, Alpha Industries Jackets, Reike Nen, Jenni Kayne, Welden, Utility Jackets, Ankle Booties, Long Skirts, Men's Second/Layer