I'm a skirt person. Even though lately I've been a pants person, I'm really a skirt person.
As far as skirts go, I'm a midi skirt person. I have more of this item in my wardrobe than anything else, I reckon. I guess you could even say it's part of my signature look.
My girl Kenia runs two amazing Etsy shops which I love (find her on Instagram at @smallneeds and @retrorhapsody). She gets my style like no one else. She knows when posting an item that I'll like it even before I do. My goodness, I love her and I haven't even met her in real life. I love social media for that (ooh, controversial I know).
Anyhow, all of that is to say that this blue checked prairie style skirt came from her shop. Blue is my favorite color, which Kenia also knows. I'm really digging the combination of orange and blue lately. It's rising right up there with mustard and blue as a favorite color combo.
On this day, I was saturated in blue. My blue suede Sam Edelman mules, my navy fringed purse and blue beaded necklace, both Stanley Market finds, and my ZoKo Jewelery bracelet.
That's because this outfit started with the blue midi skirt.
And, when a skirt person like me finds the perfect midi skirt, all outfits start there.
- Dangerously Me: OUTFIT: That Denim Jacket that Matches Everything
- Ethel de Costa: No Issue is Free from a Gender Angle. Journalists Must Be Neutral, at Least in Their Stories
- Fashionista Momma: Velvet Kimono
- Fashiontolive: Experience Delight: A Foodie Dinner - Duster Jacket + Paper Bag Waist Pants + Jimmy Choo
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: The Fall Weekend Getaway Look
- Girl in Betsey: My First Experience at College Fashion Week with Acuvue Brand Contact Lenses
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Styling a Floral Maxi Dress for Fall
- House of Leo: Reversible Scarf Styled Two Different Ways
- Illustrious by Olivia: 5 Greek designers I discovered on Instagram ❤️
- I'm a Norbyah: My Love of the Midi Skirt
- It's Maria Claudia: OOTD: All Black Everything
- Knowing My Style: How to style dresses for Fall with Tobi
- Luna Vida Blog: Olive You, Fall | Denim Jacket + Tank + Black Jeans + d'Orsay Flats
- Miss Monet: The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta
- Saccharine Soul: Embroidered Skirt and Graphic Tees
- The Borrowed Babes: Can a Jacket Change Your Life?